You saw a well-scripted text attached to an image and wish to copy it. Luckily, this article will teach you how you could copy texts out from an image on your phones and computers. With the help of several tools, you could use to extract or copy texts from images on your phones and computers.
Having spent so much time online, google photos have made it easy for us to bring things into the digital world from the real world. This could be an image on your phone or a photo in the real world that contains a text you wish to copy.
With the aid of google lens technology, texts on images can easily be detected while using google photos. The Google Lens technology features make it possible to scan texts in a photo, copy them, and paste it where ever you wish. This is also applicable in converting handwritten texts into digital texts.
Table of Contents
Can You Extract Text From an Image?
Yes, you can easily extract text from an image on your android or iOS devices using the google photo app or by downloading any other app that converts images to texts on the play or apple store. Also, Android devices have an inbuilt camera that allows you to scan and extract texts from an image even when you are offline.
How to Copy Texts from Images Using the Google photo app
- Open the Google Photos app on your device.
- Select the photo you wish to copy text from.
- Click on “ text from image” at the bottom of the screen.
- If the text isn’t visible enough, you might need to use the lens option then tap and hold the text till it is selected.
- Click on “copy text” at the bottom of your screen to copy the selected text.
How to Copy Texts from Images Using Google photo web
- Open your preferred web browser on your computer.
- Go to “ photo.google.com” and sign in to your google account.
- Select the image you wish to copy the text from.
- Click on “ copy text from image” or you can manually select the text by tapping and holding it till selected.
- Then click on “ copy text”.
This will extract the text from the image and copied to your clipboard ready to be pasted at your wish.
How to Copy Texts from Images Using Google keep
Google keep is an app for taking notes. However, unknown to many this app can equally be used to copy texts from images. These steps will guide and help you extract text from images using the google keep app.
- Open the google keep app on your device.
- Click on the “photo icon” at the lower corner of your screen.
- Select the image you wish to extract from.
- Click on the three-dot icon at the top of your screen and select “Grab image text”.
The text on the image would be selected allowing you to copy and paste it where ever you wish.
This is a good time-saving tip that can be used to copy text from an image on your devices. Please share and drop questions or suggestions regarding copying text from images in the comments section below.