Twitter has a default notification sound which can be unpleasant or too common for most people.
You have the option to select the number of notification you want to get notified on but how about changing the sounds that comes up when those notifications come up.
Unlike the steps involved in changing your Facebook notification sound, you can change your Twitter notification only from the settings app.
Although you’ll see a notification tap on your Twitter account settings, this can’t help you achieve your intent.
Rather, you can only select your push notification preference and filter out unwanted notifications.
In this article, I’ll show you how to Change Twitter notification sound in seconds.
Table of Contents
How to change Twitter notification sound?
Depending on your device model, the instruction on this page might differ but they’re quite similar.
It simply involves going to your phone settings, locating the app, and changing the notification sound. Here’s how:
- Open the settings app
- Click on Apps or Applications
- Find twitter from the app list. You can click on “see all apps” to expand the list.
- Tap on the Twitter app to open the app settings
- Click on Notifications
- Click on “notification categories”
- You’ll see a list of notifications such as direct messages, news, followers and contact, etc.
- Tap on anyone – let’s say direct messages – to set up
- Click on sound and change your notification sound to any desired tone.
- You can repeat the above procedure for other Twitter notifications.
However, you can also decide to turn off the notification sound total by toggling off the “Allow Notifications’ option.
You can also turn off push notifications from the Twitter app by:
- Open the Twitter app
- Go to Settings and Privacy
- Tap on Notification > Preferences
- Tap on “Push notifications“
- Stop push notifications by toggling them off at the top.
You can also configure your email and sms notifications if you want to.
How do I change my Twitter notification sound on IOS?
To change your notification sound on iOS, open the settings app > sounds then find the Twitter app to select a new sound to it.